Having an autistic child is not the end of the world--far from it. It is my hope that through this blog, at least a handful of people will get to understand that. My child is amazing, she brings us tremendous joy. We have good days & bad days, but we CHOOSE to focus on the good. Our belief is that by loving our daughter, giving her the most comfortable environment we can, and by most of all accepting her differences, she will continue to blossom--in her OWN way.

7/13/08

On Vacation...

Hi all,

Just checking in to let you know I am on vacation. It's a long one this year, just about 3 weeks. We've traveled quite a bit (plenty of stories to write about in the following weeks!), visited with family & old friends, and, as always, hopefully are changing others' ideas of Autism every day. I have lots to write when I get back. For now, it's too hectic for me to find time to blog. Which is a good thing, it means we are having fun. Thanks for stopping by.

If this is your first visit to my blog, hello and welcome. Here are some of my personal favorite posts:

Autism Knocked On The Right Door
Autistic and Proud
High Functioning? Then Shut Up!
More Inspiration (From Joshua Eisenstat's Family)
My Autism Everyday
Where Is All The Autism Awareness?

I've written extensively on Jenny McCarthy as well:
Is Jenny Really An Autism Mom?
Yes...she still is very much into the whole Indigo & Crystal thing, plus it seems she gets her vaccine advice from an entity known as Kryon, and there's more I've compiled here.

For the next week, I most likely will not be blogging. But, check back after 7/24 for new entries.

Thank you,
S.L.

3 comments:

Club 166 said...

Have fun!

Joe

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!

Have you looked into Applied Behavior Analysis?

Ryan Cabal said...

Great blogg

Photobucket